07 Jan Dental Hygienist
To apply, please contact or go to indyhealthnet.org/Work-at-HealthNet/
The Dental Hygienist position at the works with the dentist and dental team to meet the oral health needs of patients by performing patient screenings, taking dental x rays, providing dental cleanings, performing clinical documentation, counseling patients on oral hygiene instruction and nutrition as it relates to oral health and other tasks assigned by Dentist or Clinic manager.
• Performs dental prophylaxis through the cleaning, scaling and polishing of teeth and restorations.
• Performs initial examination of teeth and tissue for carious lesions, periodontal pockets and other abnormal conditions.
• Informs dentist of any problems.
• Takes digital dental x-rays including panoramic and bitewings.
• Applies topical fluoride and any prescribed topical medicant, antiseptic sprays or rinses.
• Determines appropriate time interval between cleanings based on evaluation of each patient and assists with future scheduling of patient.
• Completes and assists dentists with chart forms.
• Works with dentist to identify patient needs related to oral health needs.
Job responsibilities listed above is a summary and does not include other tasks requested by dentist or clinic manager.
• Requires graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene (usually representing years of college) and license to practice dental hygiene in the State of Indiana.
• CPR certification
• Local Anesthetic preferred.
• Requires extensive knowledge in dental hygiene.
• Requires knowledge of medical problems/diagnosis that may necessitate antibiotic pre-medication.
• Detailed knowledge of the anatomy of the mouth and teeth.
• Recognize the need for various x-ray’s for review by the dentist.
• Requires ability to work independently.
• Requires strong organization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Bilingual in Spanish is preferred but not required.
• Must have good eyesight with or without correction (20/30).
• Ability to experience repeated and prolonged standing, walking, sitting, bending and squatting is required.
• Ability to life, push, and or pull equipment, light to moderately heavy weight is required.
• Reliable transportation required.
• Competitive Compensation
• Offer up to 40 hours per week and work assignments at other locations if home location dentist is unavailable for patients.
• Paid Time Off is accumulated and provided immediately to employees
• Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Plan
• Life Insurance
• 401k Match
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Flexible work schedules encouraging a balance between work and personal life
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
HealthNet is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.