8:00 am-4:00 pm
Willows on Westfield
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2016
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Alan Jeroff, DDS
Contemporary Oral Surgery for the General Dentist: A Simple and Predictable Approach to
Minimally Invasive Oral Surgery
Willows on Westfield – Indianapolis, IN
The course will focus primarily on the principles of oral surgery and on the most up-to-date techniques of exodontia to improve clinical success. With implant dentistry quickly becoming the standard of care, knowing how to extract a tooth to leave as much boney architecture as possible is essential. This course will walk you step by step through proven and effective ways to remove teeth while causing minimal trauma to the underlying bone. This course will offer you an opportunity to better handle your extraction cases, manage complications and know what to avoid.
Course Learning Objectives
- Learn the minimally invasive tooth removal techniques and remove broken and difficult teeth with minimal flap.
- Perform pre-operative patient evaluation and assess difficult extractions.
- Prescribe medications most commonly used for oral surgery.
- Apply effective local anesthesia techniques.
- Use instrumentation for atraumatic extraction and dento-alveolar surgery.
- Apply tissue management and flap designs for various surgical procedures for optimal end result.
- Effectively retrieve broken root tips utilizing principles of exodontia.
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of socket grafting and the relevance of choosing a graft material.
- Manage complications more efficiently.
- Learn different suturing techniques
Dr. Alan Jeroff graduated from the University of Manitoba Dental School in 1977 and practices in Vancouver, British Columbia. He completed a mini-residency in Oral Surgery at the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco and was a clinical tutor at the University of Otago School of Dentistry in Dunedin, New Zealand. He is presently an assistant clinical professor at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Dentistry and performs all the oral surgery procedures including wisdom teeth removal and implant placements at the Burrard Implant Centre Dental Clinic. Alan has a specific interest in oral surgery and implants, and is an examiner to undergraduate dental students and interviews candidates for admission into the DMD program at the Faculty of Dentistry.
Reserve Your Spot
IDA Member? Be sure you're logged in to access members-only pricing. (Not sure if you're logged in? Check the upper right hand corner of this page for your name.)