8:00 am-3:00 pm
Willows on Westfield
Contact: Jay Dziwlik
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Charles Goodacre, DDS
Tooth Retention vs Tooth Replacement and
Factors in Restoring Endodontically Treated Teeth
The Willows on Westfield – Indianapolis, IN
Morning Course: Tooth Retention Through Root Canal and/or Periodontal Treatments Versus Tooth Replacement Using Dental Implants or Fixed Partial Dentures: Which Treatment Is Best? This presentation will discuss the scientific and clinical factors used to determine whether a tooth should be replaced through root canal treatment or be extracted and replaced with a dental implant or a conventional fixed partial denture.
Course Learning Objectives
- Identify the factors that should be considered when determining whether to perform root canal treatment and/or periodontal treatment rather than extract a tooth and place an implant or fixed partial denture
- Discuss the clinical survival rates of each treatment modality
- Compare root canal treatment and dental implants based on biologic factors, associated procedures required, cost and cost-effectiveness, esthetics, and psychosocial factors
Afternoon Course: The Most Critical Factors Related To The Restoration Of Endodontically Treated Teeth. This presentation will provide answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding the restoration of endodontically treated teeth in light of the contemporary evidence and clinical practice.
Course Learning Objectives
- Determine which endodontically treated teeth need crowns
- Describe the effect of post and cores upon endodontically treated teeth
- Identify the design characteristics and clinical procedures that create optimal success when restoring root canal treated teeth with posts and cores
Dr. Charles Goodacre received his DDS degree from Loma Linda University and an MSD degree in Prosthodontics and Dental Materials from Indiana University. He served as Chair of Prosthodontics at Indiana University and Dean of the Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. He is a Diplomate and Past-President of the American Board of Prosthodontics, Past-President of the American College of Prosthodontists, and Past President of the Academy of Prosthodontics. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Oral Rehabilitation (FOR) and Chairs their Education Council. He has over 220 published articles, abstracts, textbooks, and textbook chapters. In addition, he has developed or helped develop 17 online CE courses, 11 electronic education programs, and 3 eBooks. He currently holds the title of Distinguished Professor and teaches in the Advanced Education Program in Prosthodontics at Loma Linda University and maintains a prosthodontic practice.
Reserve Your Spot
IDA Member? Be sure you're logged in to access members-only pricing. (Not sure if you're logged in? Check the upper right hand corner of this page for your name.)