8:30 am - 11:00 am
Hillcrest Country Club
Contact: Heather Smith
2 CE Credits
Check-in: 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Course: 9:00-11:00 a.m.
The core of this OSHA review is infection prevention, required training, record keeping, and GHS labeling.
- Identify basic expectations for DHCP safety and safe patience care
- Understood disease transmission of HBV, HCV, HIV/AIDS and other bloodbourne pathogens
- Review PPE and exposure prevention strategies in dentistry
- Plan for post-exposure management
Annual training is mandated by Federal Regulation.
About the Presenter
Kay Maddox is a graduate of IU School of Nursing and has practiced in Indiana for 44 years. Kay serves as Adjunct Faculty for three Ivy Tech State College campuses, Regional Faculty for the American Heart Association and Training Center Faculty for St. Vincent and IU Health Ball Memorial Hospitals. Kay is the owner of On-site Health and Safety Training Service, which offers emergency response training in the workplace for more than 6,000 rescuers each year. She has received Best Training Performance and Instructor of the Year from The National Safety Council/Health & Safety Institute. Kay has lectured to the dental community throughout Indiana for nearly twenty years regarding OSHA compliance and trained on Basic Life Support.
Kay Maddox does not have a significant financial interest in products or services to be discussed in these presentations.
- Pre-registration is required at least one week prior to each course. You will receive an email confirmation once your registration is approved.
- Breakfast is provided; lunch is on your own.
- Notify the IDA if you have a disability requiring special arrangements.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low pre-registration. You will be notified and refunded if this occurs.
Important Notice: OSHA/BLS Refund Policy
We must contract with instructors in advance. For this reason, the following refund policy must be strictly enforced for our OSHA/BLS courses: Cancellation requests received by IDA seven or more days prior to the course will be honored with a full refund for OSHA. OSHA cancellation requests received by IDA less than seven days prior to the course will be honored with a 50% refund. Transfers not offered for OSHA or BLS. No refund will be given for BLS.