Dr. Richard Nowakowski was elected to serve as the President of the Indiana State Board of Dentistry for 2017-2018. The Board elects a new president at each June meeting. Dr. Nowakowski is also leading a workgroup that is reviewing IAC 828, the administrative rules that govern testing, licensure , discipline of dentists and hygienists as well as administration of the board.
Dr. Nowakowski was raised in Bluffton, IN. He graduated from the IU School of Dentistry in 1984, the same year he opened his practice in Muncie, IN. He is a member of the American Dental Association, Indiana Dental Association, and East Central Dental Society. He has been active in organized dentistry in many capacities, including:
- Indiana State Board of Dental Examiners, 2014-Present
- The Commission on Dental Competency Assessments Examiner, 2015-Present
- Peer Review for East Central Dental Society, 1994-2000
- Wellness Committee, 1990-1993
- Secretary of East Central Dental Society, 1991-2003
- Member of the Indiana State Board of Dentistry, 2014-Present
- Member of the Indiana State Board of Dentistry, liaison to the attorney general, 2016-Present
- Chair in Indiana State Board Rules Committee
Dr. Nowakowski and his wife Ann live in Muncie. He enjoys golfing, woodworking, target shooting and spending time with his family. The IDA would like to congratulate Dr. Nowakowski and express appreciation for his service to the profession and to the citizens of Indiana.