The Indiana Dental Association (IDA) is accepting nominations for the 2018 IDA Specialty Awards in seven distinct categories:
- Dr. Lloyd Phillips Distinguished Service– outstanding service to dentistry and/or society in general.
- Special Service – non-dentists who have made significant contributions to the health/dental profession.
- Rising Star – member in practice for ten years or less, who demonstrates outstanding leadership ability.
- Component Society Honor Dentists – Outstanding leadership in their local area of practice.
- Charles W. Gish Community Dental Health – IN citizen(s) who have demonstrated outstanding Leadership.
- Maynard K. Hine – individuals who have made contributions to the dental and/or health profession in general on a national and/or international basis.
- Leadership – outstanding leadership in maintaining organization and continuity.
Deadline for submitting a nomination is February 15, 2018. This is a firm deadline and no exceptions will be made. Nominations require a cover page describing why the applicant is deserving of the award and a recent CV and/or a listing of the nominee’s accomplishments. Nominations may be made online at https://INDental.org/awards, by emailing the nomination form, cover letter and CV to Jody@INDental.org, or by faxing the nomination documents to 317-634-2612.
The awards will be presented during the IDA Awards Ceremony, held Thursday, May 17, 2018, at the French Lick Resort in French Lick, Indiana. The ceremony is held each year in conjunction with the IDA Annual Session. If you have questions regarding nominating a colleague for an IDA Specialty Award, contact Jody Cleary, IDA Director of Membership and Financial Services, at 800-562-5646 or Jody@INDental.org.