With the Indiana Dental Association’s new online OSHA and Infection Prevention Strategies CE course, you and your staff can complete the Federally mandated OSHA training in only two hours, without ever having to leave the office.
Taking the online training is easy:
- Login to the IDA website (staff members will need to create an account here to qualify for IDA staff pricing >>>)
- Choose Continuing Education > Online CE from the Professional Resources menu
- Choose OSHA and Infection Prevention Strategies from the list of available courses (or click this link: https://indental.org/courses/osha-and-infection-prevention-strategies-2017/)
- Click the green button to Take This Course (if you’re not already logged in, be sure to do so at this screen in order to access the correct pricing)
- Click the purple Add to Cart button to purchase the course
- Click the View Cart link if you’re ready to check out. Or click the Cart icon at the top of the page.
- Verify the contents of your cart, then Proceed to Checkout
- Verify your billing details, enter you credit card information, and click Place Order.
Once your payment has been processed (within just a few seconds) you can take your course immediately, or access your course at any time by clicking Your Name > My Online CE from your personal menu bar at the upper right.
OSHA Training in Video Format
The OSHA and Infection Prevention Strategies course is presented in video format, and the video is broken into three segments.
- Part One is 33 minutes
- Part Two is 27 minutes
- Part Three is 20 minutes
It is recommended to watch all three segments in succession. However, if you need to watch one video and come back to the course later, the videos can be accessed at any time by clicking the My Online CE link from your personal menu bar. (Try doing that with a live course!)
After completing all three videos, you will need to pass the quiz with an 80% success rate. Your personalized CE certificate will then be generated and you can print it right from your computer (or access it later through the My Online CE link).
About the OSHA and Infection Prevention Strategies Course
The online OSHA and Infection Prevention Strategies course is presented by Kay Maddox, RN. The core of this OSHA review is infection prevention, required training, record keeping, and GHS labeling. The course covers the annual training mandated by Federal Regulation. (The course does not cover basic life support, which must be taken as a live course.)