Foundations in Dentistry is an educational resource for dentists and hygienists who want to increase their knowledge, enhance their skills and earn continuing education credit. The uncomplicated format offers learning opportunities that fit into any schedule, whether it be a lunch hour or a staff meeting.
How Does it Work?
Foundations allows you to earn continuing education credit quickly and easily in three simple steps:
- Read the article(s)
- Take the quiz(zes)
- Earn CE credit
With Foundations you can read and learn what you want, when you want.
Foundations offers 11 articles, each worth between .5 and 1.5 CE credits (average is 1 CE credit). Each article includes a corresponding quiz. Answers to the quiz can all be found within the article itself; there is no need to do additional research or consult other sources. Complete the quiz, return the CE certificate request form to IDA and your CE certificate will be sent via email. Quizzes can be returned individually, or several at a time. The all inclusive pricing means there is no additional charge for CE certificates.
Foundations in Dentistry offers a wide variety of topics. Each continuing education article is meant to be read independently – read one article, or read them all. Articles in Volume 2 include:
- Dawson Classification of Occlusion, Dr. John C. Cranham
- Biology of Stable Treatment Position/Centric Relation, Dr. Scott McKinney
- Cone Beam CT, Dr. Dale A. Miles
- Endodontic Diagnosis, Dr. John S. Olmsted
- Benefits of Immediate Placement and Provisionalization of Dental Implants, Dr. Kenneth Parrish
- Systems Based Minimally Invasive Rejuvination Dentistry, Dr. Hal Stewart
- Review of Current Pediatric Oral Health Preventive Recommendations, Dr. Joan E. Kowolik
- Oral Appliance Therapy for the Edentulous PAP-Intolerant Patient, Dr. John H. Tucker
- Practice Model Choices for the New or Transitioning Dentist, Dr. Bill Blatchford
- Stainless Steel Crowns Versus Alloy for the Pediatric Patient, Dr. Charles Fuhrer, III
- Developing Anterior Esthetics with Implant Supported Restorative Treatment, Drs. Vanchit John, Ranjitha Krishna, Santiago Ocampo Rodriguez, Daniel Shin