The Dental Benefits subcommittee focuses on third-party payer issues and their inherent effect on dental practices. Activities of the subcommittee include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Association’s information source for all matters pertaining to dental benefit programs, public and private.
- In coordination with the ADA Contract Analysis Service, analyze dental benefit contracts submitted by embers or plan administrators.
- Serve as the Association’s representative to all local, state and federal agencies and administrators in all matters concerning dental benefit programs.
- Coordinate with the Council on Governmental Affairs regarding any legal or legislative issues pertaining to dental benefit programs.
- Provide assistance in the development of a dental benefit plan to any individual or entity, public or private that requests such assistance.
- Oversee and monitor the Association’s Direct Reimbursement promotion efforts.