2021 OSHA & BLS Recertification Course Information
OSHA Compliance & Infection Prevention Practices
Presented by Kay Maddox – $85*
2 CE Credits
Check in: 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Course: 9:00-11:00 a.m.
The goal of this lecture is to help create a safe working environment for dental professionals. The keynote topics presented are exposure control, infection prevention, post exposure management protocols and recordkeeping. This annual training is mandated by Federal Regulation.
- Understand the risk of exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens and Hazardous Chemicals in the workplace
- Gain insight on use, storage, appropriate care and safe disposal of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Acquire knowledge of and correct use of Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Learn the importance of an Emergency Preparedness Action Plan
Presented by Jay Williamson – $85*
2-7 CE Credits**
Check in: 11:15-11:30 a.m.
Course: 11:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. (approximately)
The goal of the American Safety and Health Institutes BLS for Healthcare Providers and Professional Rescuers is to provide high quality training in performing CPR both as a single rescuer and as part of a rescue team for adults, children and infants. This program conforms to American Heart Association’s guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Training is required once per licensure period for hygienists. Training is required for dentists under certain circumstances once per licensure period.
- Recognize and assess the need for CPR
- Understand and demonstrate CPR and AED use
- Pass a skills check off and written exam
IMPORTANT NOTICE: COVID-19 GUIDELINES
For your safety and the safety of others, temperature checks are performed prior to entry and face masks are required to attend the OSHA and BLS sessions. Gloves will be provided for the BLS participants only. Social distancing standards will be implemented. All sessions will proceed as planned unless a government regulation, local ordinance or facility closure makes it impossible to hold the meeting as scheduled. If such disruption occurs, you will be notified immediately of such changes and refunded. If you are sick of have been within 24 hours of your scheduled session, please contact the IDA for a refund.
About the Presenters
Kay Maddox is a graduate of the IU School of Nursing and has practiced in Indiana for 49 years. She serves as a trainer on two Ivy Tech State College campuses, Regional Faculty for the IU Ball Memorial Hospitals. Kay is also an instructor for the American Health & Safety Institute. She has lectured to the dental community throughout Indiana for nearly 30 years regarding OSHA compliance. Jay Williamson is training center faculty at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital. He has been training CPR, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens and various other courses for 18 years to both healthcare professionals and lay rescuers.
- Pre-registration is required at least one week prior to each course. You will receive an email confirmation once your registration is approved.
- Breakfast is provided; lunch is provided to BLS participants only.
- Notify the IDA if you have a disability requiring special arrangements.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low pre-registration. You will be notified and refunded if this occurs.
Important Notice: OSHA/BLS Refund Policy
We must contract with instructors in advance. For this reason, the following refund policy must be strictly enforced for our OSHA/BLS courses: Cancellation requests received by IDA seven or more days prior to the course will be honored with a full refund for OSHA. OSHA cancellation requests received by IDA less than seven days prior to the course will be honored with a 50 percent refund. Transfers not offered for OSHA or BLS. No refund will be given for BLS.