01 May COVID-19 Mental Health Resources
The anxiety and uncertainty of the COVID-19 outbreak are without a doubt one of the most stressful situations any of us has ever experienced. Economic fears, combined with the unknowns of this virus, are weighing on everyone’s mind. Below are resources that may be helpful in managing stress and anxiety.
Remember that IDA staff remain available for help and a friendly ear. We are only a phone call or email away for any member who needs practical assistance or just someone to talk to. In addition. Candace Backer will continue to conduct Well Being appointments remotely for dentists with substance abuse issues.
- Under Stress? We’re Here to Help
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: An on-demand webinar that addresses how to identify stress, recognize the physical and mental impacts of stress, and how to manage the negative types of stress.
- Mindfulness Techniques May Help You Reduce Your Stress [Videos]
- Keeping Calm in the Coronavirus: You’ve Got This!
- Got Grief? Four tasks to help you recover from the coronavirus blues
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- ADA Wellness Resources
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
Stuart M. Schrader, PhD, MSW, MA, Clinical Associate Professor in Behavioral Sciences at the IU School of Dentistry has developed a COVID-19 Patient, Staff and Provider Resource List with helpful information on a variety of topics related to COVID-19. Click here to view the PDF.