24 Nov COVID-19 Office Procedures FAQs
Posted at 16:14h in COVID-19 TOOLKIT 0 Comments
Are the ADA, IDA, and CDC still recommending that dental offices follow enhanced infection control procedures?
Yes, all of the above sources are still recommending that dental offices follow enhanced infection control procedures. As a reminder, these procedures include:
- Practicing enhanced patient screening controls including: asking questions regarding potential COVID exposure and any COVID-like symptoms they may be experiencing.
- Removing all toys and magazines from the waiting room
- Blocking off waiting room chairs to encourage patients to socially distance. Or alternatively, have patients wait in their car and call office staff when they arrive to be escorted directly to the examination room.
- Ensuring that all staff and patients wear appropriate PPE while in the building.
- Using non-aerosol generating tools and procedures wherever possible.
View the ADA Return to Work Toolkit
What is the number one thing I should be doing/monitoring to keep my employees safe?
Closing the employee lounge/lunch area. These areas can be one of the most dangerous places in your office for the simple reason that it is where employees typically remove or discard their PPE at the end of the workday or while eating lunch.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.