10 Jan Indiana License Renewal Deadline March 1
All Indiana dentists and hygienists must renew their licenses by Friday, March 1, 2024. The renewal process is now completely online and can be accessed on the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency website.
- You must have a Professional Licensing Agency (PLA) verification code before beginning the renewal process. A unique code was emailed to every Indiana dentist and hygienist on November 30 and again on January 11.
- Before renewing your license, you must have completed all your continuing education hours this licensure cycle. Dentists are required to have completed 20 hours since March 2, 2022. Hygienists must have completed 19 hours since March 2, 2022.
- For both dentists and hygienists, half of those hours must be live CE.
- To view a complete list of required CE for Indiana, click here.
Other helpful hints for renewal:
- It’s also important that you verify that your hygienists have renewed their licenses. As a dentist, you are ultimately responsible for ensuring that everyone in your office is properly credentialed.
- The PLA recommends using Google Chrome as your browser for the renewal website. If you need additional assistance with the renewal process, contact the PLA at email@example.com or 317-232-2960.
- If you received your initial dental license on or after March 2, 2022, you do not need to complete additional CE for this renewal cycle only.
- OSHA and HIPAA are required by the federal government, not the state, so you will not be asked if you have taken this CE during the Indiana license renewal process. However, you may apply CE hours in these topics toward your required Indiana hours.