27 Apr References & Conclusion
- Cvek M. Endodontic Management and the Use of Calcium Hydroxide in Traumatized Permanent Teeth. In: Andreasen JO, Andreasen FM, Andersson L, editors. Traumatic Injuries to the teeth. 4th ed. Oxford, UK: Blackwell Munksgaard; 2007. p. 598-657.
- Barker BC, Mayne JR. Some unusual cases of apexification subsequent to trauma. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 1975;39(1):144-150.
- Trope M. Endodontic Considerations in Dental Trauma. In: Ingle JI, Bakland BL, Baumgartner CJ, editors. Ingle’s Endodontics. India: BC Decker Inc; 2008.
- Moorrees CF, Fanning EA, Hunt EE, Jr. Age Variation of Formation Stages for Ten Permanent Teeth. J Dent Res 1963;42:1490-1502.
- Wang X, Thibodeau B, Trope M, Lin LM, Huang GT. Histologic characterization of regenerated tissues in canal space after the revitalization/revascularization procedure of immature dog teeth with apical periodontitis. J Endod 2010;36(1):56-63.
- Torneck CD, Smith JS, Grindall P. Biologic effects of endodontic procedures on developing incisor teeth. II. Effect of pulp injury and oral contamination. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 1973;35(3):378-388.
- Torneck CD. Effects and clinical significance of trauma to the developing permanent dentition. Dent Clin North Am 1982;26(3):481-504.
- Chosack A, Sela J, Cleaton-Jones P. A histological and quantitative histomorphometric study of apexification of nonvital permanent incisors of vervet monkeys after repeated root filling with a calcium hydroxide paste. Endod Dent Traumatol 1997;13(5):211-217.
- Felippe WT, Felippe MC, Rocha MJ. The effect of mineral trioxide aggregate on the apexification and periapical healing of teeth with incomplete root formation. Int Endod J 2006;39(1):2-9.
- Endodontists AAo. Considerations for Regenerative Procedures. 2013 [cited 2013 February 4, 2013]; Available from:
- Basrani BR, Manek S, Sodhi RN, Fillery E, Manzur A. Interaction between sodium hypochlorite and chlorhexidine gluconate. J Endod 2007;33(8):966-969.
- Cohenca N, Heilborn C, Johnson JD, Flores DS, Ito IY, da Silva LA. Apical negative pressure irrigation versus conventional irrigation plus triantibiotic intracanal dressing on root canal disinfection in dog teeth. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2010;109(1):e42-46.
- da Silva LA, Nelson-Filho P, da Silva RA, Flores DS, Heilborn C, Johnson JD, et al. Revascularization and periapical repair after endodontic treatment using apical negative pressure irrigation versus conventional irrigation plus triantibiotic intracanal dressing in dogs’ teeth with apical periodontitis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 2010;109(5):779-787.
- Steinig TH, Regan JD, Gutmann JL. The use and predictable placement of Mineral Trioxide Aggregate in one-visit apexification cases. Aust Endod J 2003;29(1):34-42.
- Simon S, Rilliard F, Berdal A, Machtou P. The use of mineral trioxide aggregate in one-visit apexification treatment: a prospective study. International Endodontic Journal 2007;40(3):186-197.
- Bogen G, Kuttler S. Mineral trioxide aggregate obturation: a review and case series. J Endod 2009;35(6):777-790.
- Heward S, Sedgley CM. Effects of intracanal mineral trioxide aggregate and calcium hydroxide during four weeks on pH changes in simulated root surface resorption defects: an in vitro study using matched pairs of human teeth. J Endod 2011;37(1):40-44.
- Tomson PL, Grover LM, Lumley PJ, Sloan AJ, Smith AJ, Cooper PR. Dissolution of bio-active dentine matrix components by mineral trioxide aggregate. J Dent 2007;35(8):636-642.
- Laureys WG, Cuvelier CA, Dermaut LR, De Pauw GA. The critical apical diameter to obtain regeneration of the pulp tissue after tooth transplantation, replantation, or regenerative endodontic treatment. J Endod 2013;39(6):759-763.
- Andreasen JO, Paulsen HU, Yu Z, Bayer T. A long-term study of 370 autotransplanted premolars. Part IV. Root development subsequent to transplantation. Eur. J. Orthod. 1990;12(1):38-50.
- Hemalatha H, Sandeep M, Kulkarni S, Yakub SS. Evaluation of fracture resistance in simulated immature teeth using Resilon and Ribbond as root reinforcements–an in vitro study. Dent Traumatol 2009;25(4):433-438.
- Desai S, Chandler N. The restoration of permanent immature anterior teeth, root filled using MTA: a review. J Dent 2009;37(9):652-657.
About the Authors
- Ryan W. Baker, DDS, MSD is an Endodontist in private practice in Avondale, Arizona.
- Ahmed Ghoneima BDS, MSc, PhD, Orthodontics & Oral Facial Genetics, IUSD.
- Kenneth J. Spolnik, DDS, MSD Diplomate of ABE, Chair and Program Director, Endodontics, IUSD.
- Ygal Ehrlich, DMD Research Director Endodontics, Assistant Clinical Professor of Endodontics, IUSD. Dr. Ehrlich can be reached at email@example.com.
In order to earn your CE certificate, you must complete the quiz on the next page and earn a score of no less than 80%. The quiz can be taken as often as needed. Once you’ve complete the quiz with a passing score, you will be able to print a CE certificate. You will have access to reprinting your certificates at anytime by logging into the IDA website.